Greg has both transactional and litigation related practices. His transactional practice focuses on estate and business planning for individuals and businesses. He is also an accomplished trial attorney with over 30 years of experience in a wide range of litigation fields. To learn more about his practices, please click on For Litigation Clients or For Estate Planning and Business Law Clients below.
Greg’s transactional practice focuses on estate and business planning for individuals and families, as well as succession planning for owners of small businesses. He advises individuals and institutional clients regarding a wide variety of estate planning and probate issues, including estate planning techniques, probate disputes, trust administration, and charitable and family gifting. Greg’s practice also includes advising individuals and businesses on a variety of general, corporate and commercial matters.
Besides practicing law, Greg enjoys spending time with his wife and four children. He and his family are active in their church and community. Greg has spent many years coaching youth sports and serves on the boards of several non-profit organizations.
Greg is an accomplished trial attorney with over 30 years of experience in a wide range of litigation fields. Formerly a shareholder in the downtown Minneapolis law firm now known as Bassford Remele, Greg’s litigation practice focuses on representing clients in matters involving professional malpractice, probate and trust administration, employment law, and commercial disputes.
Along with his Minnesota state court practice, Greg is licensed in the state courts of Wisconsin and North Dakota, as well as the federal court for the federal district of Minnesota. He has tried numerous bench and jury trials in both state and federal court. Greg has appeared on many occasions before the Minnesota Court of Appeals and Minnesota Supreme Court, and has handled landmark cases in Minnesota on issues involving professional negligence and products liability. In association with Twin Cities Business Monthly, Mpls./St. Paul, and Minnesota Law & Politics magazines, Greg has been selected by his peers on multiple occasions as a “Super Lawyer.”
Areas of Litigation Practice
- Trusts and Estates
- Professional malpractice defense
- Litigation and appeals
- Commercial litigation
Representative Appellate Cases
- High County Fashions, Inc., 1989 WL 113016 (Minn.App. 1989)
- Klein v. Northern Cap Man’g., Inc., 1989 WL 38419 (Minn.App. 1989)
- Utica Mutual Ins. Co. v. American States Ins. Co., 1991 WL 102962 (Minn.App. 1991)
- Sunrise Specialty Contracting v. S.A. Komet, 1992 WL 295127 (Minn.App. 1992)
- Rock v. Morgan, 1992 WL 153488 (Minn.App. 1992)
- Fishman v. Minneapolis Chamber Symphony, 1992 WL 83293 (Minn.App. 1992)
- Swaim v. Malnove, Inc., 1992 WL 20702 (Minn.App. 1992)
- Amoco Pipeline Co. v. Minnesota Valley Landscaping, Inc., 481 N.W.2d 557(Minn. 1992)
- Olson v. Walgreen Co., 1992 WL 322054 (Minn.App. 1993)
- Lundman v. McKown et al., 530 N.W.2d 807 (Minn. 1995)
- Carlson v. Independent School District No. 281, 1996 WL 5784 (Minn.App. 1996)
- Femrite v. Abbott Northwestern Hospital, 568 N.W.2d 535 (Minn.App. 1997)
- W.J.L. v. Bugge, 1997 WL 30721 (Minn.App. 1997)
- Wyttenhove v. Fairview Hospital and Healthcare Services, 1997 WL 585813 (Minn.App. 1997)
- Doe v. Park Center High School, 592 N.W.2d 121 (Minn.App. 1999)
- Xiong v. Midas, 1999 WL 118637 (Minn.App. 1999)
- St. Paul Fire & Marine Ins., Co. v. Keltgen, 659 N.W.2d 906 (Wis.App. 2002)
- Fung v. Riemenschneider, 2003 WL 21005539 (Minn.App. 2003)
- Carlson v. Riemenschneider, 2007 WL 446643 (Minn.App. 2007)
- In re Estate of Hofacker, 819 N.W.2d 563 (Wis.App. 2012)